Function and Application
The Ultimaker 3D Printer is the ideal solution for use of 3D-Print8ing in schools and colleges, but also in industrial applications such as product development. The Ultimaker 3 is ideal for 3D printing using two different filaments. The ingenious lifting system on the printhead prevents the two nozzles from interfering. The automated lowering and lifting of the nozzles ensures that they are never in the same Z-plane. The familiar quality of Ultimaker in combination with this clever system makes it possible to combine different materials in the same model while achieving a very high print quality. The automatic material recognition via NFC chip also offers the user further convenience. On the spool holder on the machine and on the reels of the original Ultimaker filaments are NFC chips that communicate with each other. This enables printers and slicing software to identify which filaments are being processed in real time and suggest optimized material profiles directly to the user. By revolutionizing the design of the print head, new nozzles for different materials can be used at lightning speed. The so-called print cores are integrated in the print head with a click mechanism. As a result, they can be changed quickly and without tools. In addition, the Ultimaker 3 has a built-in webcam, which allows the current printing process to be monitored remotely. The Ultimaker 3 also has a USB 3.0 port, Ethernet and WiFi.
- Dual Extrusion: The innovative lifting system guarantees a smooth change between the two nozzles and ensures high-quality printing results. The exchangeable print cores also make it much easier to exchange for material-specific nozzle geometries.
- Simultaneous use of a build-up filament with a water-soluble support filament
- Ultimaker's Filament Rolls with integrated NFC chips can be read from the Ultimaker 3 spool holder. The data is also forwarded to the associated slicing software Cura, which proposes optimized print settings for the inserted material.
Equipment and technical Data
- Technology: FDM
- Filament: diameter 2.85 mm
- Printer dimensions (HxWxD) 493 x 338 x 588 mm
- Printhead Dual Extruder / Lifting System
- Nozzle diameter 0.4 mm
- Printing platform heatable
- Supported material: all common filaments
- Max. Printing area (WxDxH) 215 x 215 x 200 mm / Dual material: 197 x 215 x 200 mm
- Connection options USB / Ethernet / WiFi
- Display: LCD
- Weight: 10.6 kg
- Special features: with camera