The resistances of various DC conductors are determined by recording the current / voltage characteristic. The resistivity of metal rods and the contact resistance of connecting cords are calculated.
- Measurement at two different metals possible
- Conductivity rods can be used both for electrical and thermal conductivity experiments
- Measurement amplifier can be used for both AC and DC measurements and amplifies up to 10,000 times
- To plot the current / voltage characteristics of metal rods (copper and aluminium) and to calculate their resistivity.
- To determine the resistance of various connecting cords by plotting their current / voltage characteristics and calculating the contact resistances.
What you can learn about
- Ohm's law
- Contact resistance
- Four-wire method of measurement