Function and Application
The first official Arduino kit designed for scientific exploration for middle school students aged 11 to 14. Developed in partnership with Google, the Arduino Science Kit Physics Lab is an Arduino-based physics lab, fully compatible with Google Science Journal available on Android. The Arduino Science Kit Physics Lab is compatible with Google Classroom too! You can now share the online activities directly into your Google Classroom
Experiment with forces, motion, magnetism, and conductivity. Students will make their own hypothesis like real scientists, then check their assumptions, and log data thanks to Google's Science Journal - a digital notebook for conducting and documenting science experiments in real-time using the smart capabilities of mobile devices.
No coding experience required! Enjoy this new series of plug & play projects. Recommended for 2 students to work together , the Arduino Science Kit includes materials to run 9 exciting physics experiments
Equipment and Technical Data
Electromagnetism and Thermodynamics
- ELECTRIC FORTUNE TELLER: Investigate conductivity of different materials.
- BUZZ WIRE: Steadiest hand wins! Build a conductive 'maze' and then try to avoid the buzzer as you guide the loop around your course.
- HAUNTED HOUSE THEREMIN: Did you hear that? Make paranormal noise with a magnet.
- THERMO MAGIC SHOW: It's not magic, it's science! Learn about how different materials conduct or insulate heat.
Kinetics and Kinematics
- The DROP ZONE: Can you slide faster than your friends? Explore gravity and measure the acceleration of your Arduino board.
- The GRAVITRON: Scream if you want to go faster! Learn about rotations per minute, circular motion, the force required to spin this ride, and the relationship to centrifugal forces.
- The PIRATE SHIP: Captain the ship and test the oscillation of a pendulum.
- The EJECTION SEAT: 3… 2… 1… Ignition! Make your board bounce to learn about harmonic motion.
- The CENTRIFUGE: Don't get dizzy… Learn more about potential energy and motion.
Access code to exclusive online course content and teachers' guidance notes and students' worksheets
- 1x Arduino MKR WiFi 1010
- 1x Arduino Science Carrier Board
- 2x Silicone standoffs
- 1x Flat micro USB cable
- 1x Arduino Light Sensor Module with Grove Connector
- 1x Arduino Temperature Sensor Module with Grove Connector
- 2x Grove Cable 20cm - universal 4-pin connector
- 2x Double-ended cable: crocodile clip/banana plug (50 cm)
- 2x Double-ended cable crocodile clip/banana plug (20 cm)
- 1x Magnet
- 1x Hook-and-loop Velcro™ strap
- 1x Hook-and-loop Velcro™ dot
- 2x PCB sticks 1x PCB encoder
- 1x Mini slinky metal spring
- 8x M3 screws
- 8x M3 bolts
- 4x Rubber bands
- 4x Small silicone gaskets
- 2x Big silicone gaskets