The spectral lines of hydrogen and mercury are examined by means of a diffraction grating. The known spectral lines of Hg are used to determine the grating constant. The wave lengths of the visible lines of the Balmer series of H are measured.
- Determination of the diffraction grating constant by means of the Hg spectrum.
- Determination of the visible lines of the Balmer series in the H spectrum, of Rydberg's constant and of the energy levels.
What you can learn about
- Diffraction image of a diffraction grating
- Visible spectral range
- Single electron atom
- Atomic model according to Bohr
- Lyman-, Paschen-, Brackett and Pfund Series
- Energy level
- Planck's constant
- Binding energy