Caliper gauges, micrometers and spherometers are used for the accurate measurement of lengths, thicknesses, diameters and curvatures. Measuring procedures, accuracy of measurement and reading accuracy are demonstrated.
- Foundation of every practical sciences lab course
- Aquire the skills to measure basic mechanical variables
- Realise the limits of measuring accuracy
- Combine different measurements to determine a quantity of interest
- Determine curvatures using the spherometer
- Determination of the volume of tubes with the caliper gauge.
- Determination of the thickness of wires, cubes and plates with the micrometer.
- Determination of the thickness of plates and the radius of curvature of watch glasses with the spherometer.
What you can learn about
- Inside diameter thickness