The deflection or bending of a leaf spring is proportional to the acting force. For small deflections, the proportionality is linear, whereas for large deflections it becomes increasingly non-linear.
- Especially understandable and didactically prepared description of the experiment (relevance to everyday life, etc.) including protocol questions.
- Future-oriented teaching: Integration into digital science lessons with tablets or smartphones.
- Increased motivation of students by using the intuitive measureAPP.
- Increased media competence.
- deflect a leaf spring from its rest position and measure the restoring force with a force gauge. The results of the measurements are shown in a diagram (restoring force against deflection).
The students should examine the behaviour of a leaf spring under load and in particular determine the spring constant D.