The current-voltage characteristic of a semiconducting diode is measured.
The collector current in dependency on the emitter-collector voltage is measured for different values of base current strength through a NPN transistor.
- Fast and easy experimenting
- Get to know the behaviour of several types of semiconductors
- Simplified implementation: all pre-settings already prepared
- Data logging reveals instantaneous results during measurement
- To investigate the dependence of the current strength flowing through a semi-conducting diode.
- To determine the variations of the collector current with the collector voltage for varios values of the base current intensity.
What you can learn about
- p-n junction
- Energy-band diagram
- Valence band
- Conduction band
- Operating point
Computer required. Software included.