Function and Applications
Compact and easy to use atomic force microscope to visualize and image structures on the micro and nano meter scale. Developed for educational purposes in practical lab course and pre-research labs in physics, chemistry, life sciences and material sciences.
- Compact all-in-one instrument: easy to handle, easy to carry around
- Complete didactical solution: instrument + samples + probes + tools + experiment guides
- Research-oriented system at a third of the price of a research instrument
- Automatic approach of probe to sample to avoid damaging of both samples and probe
- Probes easy to insert and change
- No adjustment of laser required
Equipment and Technical Data
- Modes of operation: Static Force, Dynamic Force, Force-Distance Spectroscopy, Amplitude-Distance Spectroscopy, Voltage-Distance Spectroscopy, Phase contrast mode, MFM, EFM.
- Scan head with integrated control-unit on vibration-isolated experimentation board: dimensions 21cm x 21cm x 18cm, USB 2.0 interface.
- Flip mechanism to access tip and sample, with automatic retract of scan head and automatic switch-off of sample illumination.
- Maximum scanning speed of 60 ms/line.
- Up to 2048x2048 data points.
- Scan type (tip scanner): linear low voltage electro magnetic.
- Maximum Scan Range: 70 µm (10% manafacturing tolerance).
- Maximum Z-range: 14 µm.
- Drive resolution in XY: 1.1 nm.
- Drive resolution in Z: 1.1 nm.
- Z-measurement noise level (RMS static mode): 0.6 nm.
- Z-measurement noise level (RMS dynamic mode): 0.5 nm.
- Automatic approach: vertical, range 4.5 mm.
- Sample size: max. 13 mm in diameter, horizontal mount, magnetic fixed.
- Micrometer translation stage xy: travel in each direction min. +/- 5 mm.
- Cantilever Aligment: automatic adjustment.
- Cantilevers: with alignment grooves for cantilevers of various suppliers.
- Camera system for top view: USB digital color, 2048x1536 pixel, less than 2 µm resolution, Digital zoom: x1, 2x, x4.
- View field for top/ side view: ca. 3mm x 3mm / 5mm x 5mm.
- Sample Illumination: White LED.
- Electrical connection to tip.
- Other modes (spreading resistance, force modulation, conductive AFM, lithography and advanced spectroscopy modes) available with upgrade options material and spectroscopy and manipulation.
- Set of cantilevers (4 x static mode, 4 x dynamic mode).
- Set of 4 spare sample holders for own samples.
- Set of 6 different samples (nanotubes, CD Stamper, chip structure, skin cross section, microstructure, Staphylococcus bacteria).
- Toolset for mounting cantilever and samples.
- Power supply: 100-240V, 50/60Hz.
- Plastic case with the dimensions 44cm x 32cm x 25cm.
- Software for measuring, manipulation, analysing and visualization (one, two, and three dimensions).
- Handbook incl. short description of starting experiments and 5 detailed described experimental guides: basic imaging methods, basic force spectroscopy, material contrast, MFM, imaging biological samples.
- Weight (incl. case): 10 kg.
- Computer with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10, USB interface, 256MB RAM, 1024x758 graphics card, 16-bit color resolution or better.