This experiment provides training in determining the length and position of an object based on an X-ray image. A metal pin that is embedded in a wooden block is used as the model. This experiment is also an excellent preparatory exercise for demonstrating the principle of computed tomography.
- Simulation of a real-life situation in x-ray diagnostics
- Application which trains three-dimensional thinking
- Record a bi-planar radiogram of two perpendicular planes of a metal pin which cannot be seen.
- Determine the true length of the pin by taking into account the magnification factor which results from the divergence of the X-rays.
- Determine the spatial position of the pin.
What you can learn about
- X-ray radiation
- Characteristic radiation
- Law of absorption
- Mass absorption coefficient
- Stereographic projection