Amino acid molecules carry both acid and amino groups. They can therefore form both acidic anions and basic cations. The pH at which these two types of iones are both present in the same concentration is called the isoelectric point.
- Compact, easily transportable setup
- For both demonstration and student experiments
- Flexible experimenting thanks to wireless data transmission
- Additional experiment in plant physiology and biochemistry can be performed with few modifications
- Data acquisition with tablets possible
- With detailed experiment guide
- This isoelectric point is to be determined by recording the titration curve for different amino acids.
What you can learn about
- Isoelectric point
- Acidic anions
- Basic cations
- Equivalence (inflection) points
- pKs value
Software included. Computer not provided.