The molar mass of a liquid is to be determined by evaporating a liquid at constant temperature and pressure, and measuring the volume of vapour formed using a calibrated gas syringe.
- For both demonstration and student experiments
- Simple procedure - fast results
- Glass jacket system easily expandable
- Determine the molar masses of diethyl ether and methanol.
- Discuss the results in terms of the real and ideal behaviour of vapours.
What you can learn about
- Ideal and ordinary gases
- Equations of state for ideal gases
- Gas volumetry
- Determination of molar masses according to the vapour density method (Victor Meyer)
This experiments requires a precision balance
Precision Balance, Sartorius ENTRIS® II, 620 g : 1 mg (49311-99)