Different types of forest have different climate data. Temperature, humidity and light intensity are not only dependent on meteorological factors but also on vegetation. The density of the crown of a forest determines the incidence of light and thus also influences the temperature. The low vegetation density of a managed high forest (in our latitudes mostly beech forests) in turn additionally influences wind movements in the forest, which in turn affects the humidity. In this field experiment we carry out measurements of different forest types on the same day and at about the same time in order to exclude meteorological deviations as far as possible.
- experiment is part of a complete solution with numerous experiments in the field of ecology
- Measurements possible indoors and outdoors, for mobile use
- Especially understandable and didactically prepared description of the experiment (relevance to everyday life, etc.) including protocol questions.
- Future-oriented teaching: Integration into digital science lessons with tablets or smartphones.
- Increased motivation of students by using the intuitive measureAPP.
- Increased media competence.
measurement of air humidity, temperature and brightness in different types of forests
- climate data
- Vegetation density
- Forest types
- Herb layer