A uniform electric field E is produced between the charged plates of a plate capacitor. The strength of the field is determined with the electric field strength meter, as a function of the plate spacing d and the voltage U. The potential ø within the field is measured with a potential measuring probe.
- Loss-less measurement of electric field strength
- High-sensitive electric field meter also suitable for electrostatic measurement of voltages
- The relationship between voltage and electric field strength is investigated, with constant plate spacing.
- The relationship between electric field strength and plate spacing is investigated, with constant voltage.
- In the plate capacitor, the potential is measured with a probe, as a function of position.
What you can learn about
- Electric field
- Equipotential lines