Transformers are based on the principle of electromagnetic induction. Transformers are a widely used component in electrical engineering. The main task of a transformer is to convert an input voltage into another output voltage. Other examples of applications are electric toothbrushes or smartphones that can be charged wirelessly.
- Especially understandable and didactically prepared description of the experiment (relevance to everyday life, etc.) including protocol questions.
- Future-oriented teaching: Integration into digital science lessons with tablets or smartphones.
- Increased motivation of students by using the intuitive measureAPP.
- Increased media competence.
- measuring the induced voltage without iron core in the coils.
- measuring the induced voltage with iron core in the coils.
This experiment is intended to bring the principle of electromagnetic induction closer. A current is induced in a coil by an alternating magnetic flux. The effect of an iron core in the two coils is studied.