Catalase is an enzyme that - in humans - is found predominantly in the liver and erythrocytes. It decomposes hydrogen peroxide, which is a toxic byproduct of cellular respiration, into water and oxygen.
- Compact, easily transportable setup
- For both demonstration and student experiments
- Flexible experimenting thanks to wireless data transmission
- Additional experiment in plant physiology and biochemistry can be performed with few modifications
- Data acquisition with tablets possible
- With detailed experiment guide
- To examine the enzymatic decomposition of hydrogen peroxide, a cell respiratory poison, in the liver.
- To investigate the influence of the temperature and pH on the metabolic activity.
What you can learn about
- Enzyme catalase
- Decomposition of H2O2
- Poisonous by-product of cell respiration
- Influence of temperature and pH
Software included. Computer not provided.