Two mirrors are assembled to form a Fabry-Perot interferometer. Using them, the multibeam interference ofa laser's light beam is investigated.On moving one of the mirrors, thechange in the intensity distributionof the interfeence pattern is studied. This is a qualitative experiment,to study the shape of different lasermodes and compare it with some photosgiven in this description.
- study a fundamental component of lasers
- fascinating patterns emerge in a surprisingly symmetric setup
- learn about a widely used type of interferometer
- Construction of a Fabry-Perot interferometer using separate optical components.
- The interferometeris used to observe different resonator modes within the interferometer.
What you can learn about
- Diffraction index
- Speed of light
- Virtual light source
- Two-beam interferometer