Many animals of rather simple structural organization, for example, paramecium or the earthworm, take up oxygen for all vital processes over their entire body surface. In the fishes, numerous skin folds have developed in the course of evolution, the so-called gills. Water flows past this contact surface and the oxygen it carries travels across the branchial membrane into the blood. The fish breathes.
- Experiment is part of a complete solution set with a total of 50 experiments for all microscopy applications
- With student worksheet, appropriate for all class levels
- With detailed instructor information, incl. sample microscopy image
- Optimized for tight schedules, i.e. minimum preparation time required
- Microscopy solution set specifically designed to include all required accessories
- Content available with matching multimedia files