Heated specimens are placed in a calorimeter filled with water at low temperature. The heat capacity of the specimen is determined from the rise in the temperature of the water.
- Compact, easily transportable setup
- For both demonstration and student experiments
- To determine the heat capacity of the calorimeter by filling it with hot water and determining the rise in temperature.
- To determine the specific heat capacity of aluminium, iron and brass.
- To verify Dulong Petit's law with the results of these experiments.
What you can learn about
- Mixture temperature
- Boiling point
- Dulong Petit's law
- Lattice vibration
- Internal energy
- Debye temperature