The hearing range depends greatly on age. While tones above the upper acoustic threshold are not perceived at all, individual sounds under the lower hearing threshold are perceived as a continuous deep tone (merging).
- Exciting experiment for all age groups
- Simple experiment setup consisting of a versatile function generator and headphones
- Can be used to perform a medical survey of different age groups
- Determine the merging frequency and upper acoustic threshold of test subjects of various ages.
- Stimulate the ear with tones at the lower and upper acoustic threshold using a sine wave generator and headphones.
What you can learn about
- Acoustic hearing thresholds
- Merging frequency
- Hearing range
- Sine wave generator
- Medical survey