A square wave voltage of low frequency is applied to oscillatory circuits comprising coils and capacitors to produce free, damped oscillations. The values of inductance are calculated from the natural frequencies measured, the capacitance being known.
- On-the-fly switching of the numerous induction coils for quick and easy experimenting
- Intuitive, touch-optimized software that controls all devices simultaneously
- Simplified implementation: all pre-settings already prepared
- Further experiments in electricity and electronics can be performed with the equipment
- To connect coils of different dimensions (length, radius, number of turns) with a known capacitance C to form an oscillatory circuit.
- From the measurements of the natural frequencies, to calculate the inductances of the coils and determine the relationships between:
- inductance and number of turns
- inductance and length
- inductance and radius
What you can learn about
- Lenz's law
- Oscillatory circuit
- Damped oscillation
- Logarithmic decrement
- Q factor
Operating system-independent software included. Computer not provided.