The cell membrane controls the transport of nutrients and water into the cell, and of waste products and water out of the cell. This can take place passively, e.g. on the basis of osmotic processes (differences in concentration), as well as actively.
- Compact, easily transportable setup
- For both demonstration and student experiments
- Flexible experimenting thanks to wireless data transmission
- Additional experiment in plant physiology and biochemistry can be performed with few modifications
- Data acquisition with tablets possible
- With detailed experiment guide
- In this experiment, the selective permeability of an artificial cell membrane (dialysis tube) for protons and hydroxid anions is to be examined.
What you can learn about
- Ionic permeability
- Artificial cell membrane
- Dialysis tube
- H+ ions
- OH- ions
- Osmotic processes