Function and Applications
This student set covers one of the most important aspects of energy: how to save energy. The students focus first on issues like global energy consumption, climate change or energy consumption at private households. Based on the question at hand, students will make measurements based on the problem. For instance things like room temperature or climate, water and energy consumption. The goal is to foster the ability to identify potentials for improvements and savings.
Equipment and Technical Data
The following experiments can be performed:
- Primary- and secondary energy, resources and reserves
- Units and conversions, key sizes
- Production of electricity, comparison of power plants
- Worldwide energy consumption
- Climate change and CO2
- Why save energy?
- Where do we need energy?
- Learn more about your school ? Which energy sources are used? What are their locations & costs?
- Temperature in the classroom
- Heat loss of buildings
- Air quality
- Heating and ventilating: correct behavior
- Learn more about your school ? Where does drinking water come from? Where does the used water go? What are the annual consumption & costs, etc.
- Hot water preparation
- Where is water consumed: correct behavior Electricity Consumption
- Learn more about your school ? Which energy supplier are use? What are theannual consumption & costs?
- Electrical energy in everyday life
Electrical energy in the kitchen
Hidden loss: stand-by-mode and the "off" position.
- Light in the classroom
- Comparison of different light sources
- Researching different brightnesses
- List of components:
- 1 x L2-06-038 Arexx base station
- 1 x L2-06-054 power supply
- 1 x L2-06-039 Arexx temperature + humidity sensor
- 1 x L2-06-037 Arexx temperature sensor TL 3TSN
- 1 x L2-06-040 Arexx outdoor temperature sensor
- 1 x L2-06-034 Luxmeter
- 1 x L2-06-035 infrared thermometer 4970
- 2 x L2-06-036 Energy meter
- 1 x L2-06-041 Flowmeter
- 1 x L3-01-041 Aluminum case Esave Ready-to-go
- 8 x L2-06-030 Battery AAA LR03 1,5 V
- 1 x L3-03-016 leXsolar-CD
- 1 x L3-01-053 Insert Esave Ready-to-go
- 1 x L3-03-141 Einräumplan 1502 Esave Ready-to-Go