With the help of a coil and a magnetic field sensor the frequency of the alternating voltage can be found out. AC voltage is in every household. The mains frequency in the European Union is f = 50 Hz.
- Especially understandable and didactically prepared description of the experiment (relevance to everyday life, etc.) including protocol questions.
- Future-oriented teaching: Integration into digital science lessons with tablets or smartphones.
- Increased motivation of students by using the intuitive measureAPP.
- Increased media competence.
- measuring the magnetic flux density of a coil in alternating current over time.
- calculating the frequency from the measured data.
The magnetic field of the coil has the same frequency as that of alternating current. This method is one way to find out the frequency of the alternating current of the power source.