The magnetic field along the axis of wire loops and coils of different dimensions is measured with a teslameter (Hall probe). The relationship between the maximum field strength and the dimensions is investigated and a comparison is made between the measured and the theoretical effects of position.
- Simple setup which allows an easy measurement of the magnetic flux density depending on different parameters
- No calibration needed, Teslameter is calibrated up to 1 T
- To measure the magnetic flux density in the middle of various wire loops with the Hall probe and to investigate its dependence on the radius and number of turns.
- To determine the magnetic field constant.
- To measure the magnetic flux density along the axis of long coils and compare it with theoretical values.
What you can learn about
- Wire loop
- Biot-Savart's law
- Hall effect
- Magnetic field
- Magnetic flux density