Function and Applications
A multitude of physical phenomena can be represented:-
- longitudinal waves,
- elastic collisions,
- conservation of momentum,
- propagation of a pressure perturbation in a gas,
- barometric altitude formula, etc.
Equipment and technical data
- The apparatus consists of an U-profile running track which has a demonstration subdivision on both sides.
- A bolt at each end of the track stops the rollers from rolling out and acts as a recoiling support for the adjacentroller.
- Every magnetic roller contains a cylindrical magnet (d = 28 mm,l = 6 mm) magnetised along the axis.
- Each face of a plastic magnet encasement is fitted with two rolling surfaces which can be set on the track.
- The poles of the magnetic rollers are identified by colours.
- Length of profile: 1 m.
- Colour subdivision in 5 cm segments.
- Diameter of Magnetic roller: 30 mm.
- Standard accessories: 12 magnetic rollers (11065.01)