By means of the model apparatus for kinetic theory of gases the
motion of gas molecules is simulated and the velocities determined
by registration of the throw distance of the glass balls. This
velocity distribution is compared to the theoretical Maxwell-
- For both demonstration and student experiments
- Unique experiment to quantitatively study kinetic gas theory
- With detailed experiment guide
- Visualization of the Maxwell Boltzmann distribution
- Measure the velocity distribution of the "model gas".
- Compare the result to theoretical behaviour as described by the
Maxwell- Boltzmann distribution.
- Discuss the results.
What you can learn about
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Gas- molecules
- Model kinetic energy
- Average velocity
- Velocity distribution