The intensity of the light is modulated and the phase
relationship of the transmitter and receiver signal compared. The
velocity of light is calculated from the relationship between the
changes in the phase and the light path.
- determine yourself what the "speed of light" actually is
- find out how the velocity of light differs in material
- the size of a table top suffice
- To determine the velocity of light in air.
- To determine the velocity of light in water and synthetic resin
and to calculate the refractive indices.
What you can learn about
- Refractive index
- Electric field constant
- Magnetic field constant