A wheel, which can unroll around its axis on two cords, moves a gravitational field. This process is filmed with a video camera. The potential energy, kinetic energy, and rotational energy are converted into one another and determined as a function of time with the aid of the "measure Dynamics" software.
- High and sturdy set-up
- Expressive demonstration of energy conversion
- Convert potential energy in energy of rotation, energy of translation, and vice versa
- Easy measurement and evaluation via movement tracking software
- Determination of the moment of inertia of the Maxwell wheel by way of the distance-time relationship.
- Determination of the moment of inertia of the Maxwell wheel by way of the velocity-time relationship.
- Graphical representation of the potential energy, kinetic energy, and rotational energy as a function of time.
What you can learn about
- Maxwell disc
- Energy of translation
- Energy of rotation
- Potential energy
- Moment of inertia
- Angular velocity
- Angular acceleration
- Instantaneous velocity