The relationship between torque and angle of rotation is
determined when metal bars are twisted. The hysteresis curve is
- Beyond Hooke's law
- Hysteresis – mostly known from the field of magnetism – can be experienced in mechanics
- Learn the meaning of the words stress, relaxation and equilibrium in a physics context
- Various torsion rods out of different material and with several diameters included
- Record the hysteresis curve of steel and copper rods.
- Record the stress-relaxation curve with various relaxation
times of different materials.
What you can learn about
- Mechanical hysteresis
- Torsion modulus
- Plastic flow
- Hooke's law