A flat bar is supported at two points. It is bent by the action
of a force acting at its centre. The modulus of elasticity is
determined from the bending and the geometric data of the bar.
- Find out the parameters that give a bar stability
- Measure the difference of elasticity in various metals with different lengths
- Learn how to determine forces with a dial gauge
- Determination of the characteristic curve of the dial
- Determination of the bending of flatbars as a function of the
force; at constant force: of the thickness, of the width and of the
distance between the support points.
- Determination of the modulus of elasticity of steel,
aluminium and brass.
What you can learn about
- Young's modulus
- Modulus of elasticity
- Poisson's ratio
- Hooke's law