If a constant torque is applied to a body that rotates without friction around a fixed axis, the changing angle of rotation increases proportionally to the square of the time and the angular velocity proportional to the time.
- Long runtime
- Nearly friction-less movement due to precision bearing
- Steady set-up prevents interferences
- Data logging reveals instantaneous results during measurement
- Measurement of the laws of angle and angular velocity according to time for a uniform rotation movement.
- Measurement of the laws of angle and angular velocity according to time for a uniformly accelerated rotational movement.
- Rotation angle; is proportional to the time t required for the rotation.
What you can learn about
- Angular velocity
- Moment of inertia
- Rotational energy