Speed is one of the basic concepts of the theory of motion. It indicates how fast an object is moving in space and is measured in the unit meter per second. The concept of instantaneous velocity is based on the average speed as the quotient of the spatial change of position in a certain arbitrarily small period of time.
- Free measuring software DigiCartAPP for all mobile devices and all operating systems (Windows, Android, iOS).
- Especially understandable and didactically prepared test description can be called up in the DigiCartAPP.
- Complete evaluation function for the measured data directly in the DigiCartAPP.
- Long-life lithium-ion batteries with charge protection function
- transmission of measurement data via Bluetooth 4.0
- Integrated sensors (force, speed, acceleration and position sensor)
- Digital measured value acquisition:
- Future-oriented teaching: Integration into digital science lessons with tablets or smartphones.
- Increased motivation of students by using the intuitive DigiCartAPP.
- Increased media competence.
Record a place-time diagram via the app. Select a reference point and let it calculate the average speeds for a different number of averaged points. Compare the calculated values with the current speed.
In this experiment the students learn about the physical meaning of speed. They also learn about the concept of instantaneous speed and can compare it with average speed.