The moment of inertia of a solid body depends on its mass distribution and the axis of rotation. Steiner's theorem elucidates this relationship.
- Angular oscillation apparaturs includes five different body shapes for in-depth experimenting
- High-precision movement sensor
- Very robust and durable setup
- The moments of inertia of different bodies are determined by oscillation measurements.
- Steiner's theorem is verified.
What you can learn about
- Rigid body
- Moment of inertia
- Centre of gravity
- Axis of rotation
- Torsional vibration
- Spring constant
- Angular restoring force