A mass, which is connected to a cart via a silk thread, drops to
the floor. The resulting motion of the cart will be recorded
by way of a video camera and evaluated with the "measure Dynamics"
software. The relationship between distance and time, velocity and
time, and the relationship between mass, acceleration, and force
will be determined for a uniformly accelerated rectilinear motion
with the aid of the demonstration track. In addition, the
conversion of potential energy into kinetic energy will be
represented graphically as well as by integrating the various forms
of energy into the video in the form of bars.
- Determination of the distance covered as a function of
- Determination of the velocity as a function of time.
- Integration of the velocity into the video.
- Graphical representation of the conversion of potential energy
into kinetic energy while demonstrating the law of conservation of
- Integration of the potential, kinetic, and total energy into
- Accurate results due to measurements with low friction: cart
with sapphire bearings
- Over the entire track length adjustable feet for a very simple
alignment of the track even on small tables
- Extremely robust accessories, for example no overloading of
carts due to elastic bearing of base plate, prevent unnecessary
What you can learn about
- Linear motion
- Conservation of energy
- Kinetic energy
- Potential energy