By means of a reversible pendulum, terrestrial gravitational
acceleration g may be determined from the period of oscillation of
a physical pendulum, knowing neither the mass nor the moment of
inertia of the latter.
- Quick and easy set-up
- Determine the gravitational constant g immediately without knowledge of mass or moment of inertia
- Automatically measure the oscillation period using the light barrier
- Measurement of the period for different axes of rotation.
- Determination of terrestrial gravitational acceleration
What you can learn about
- Physical pendulum
- Moment of inertia
- Steiner's law
- Reduced length of pendulum
- Reversible pendulum
- Terrestrial gravitational acceleration