Function and Applications
The software interTESS is an interactive software tool for supporting teachers as well as students in the set up, performance and evaluation of experiments from PHYWE's TESS program (Training and Experimental System for Students, in total more than 1000 student experiments available). The age-based teaching approach together with a computer interface for PC-based data collection, interTESS offers a real computer-based learning.
The experiments are available in up to 11 languages on DVD (English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Polish, Arabic, Russian, Turkish).
- Experiments become more attractive. Future kids grow up with computers. With interTESS, the fascination of the PC can be transferred to physics.
- Save valuable teaching time. The software supports the student during the experimental setup, action and evaluation. The teacher can assist the students individually.
- Step-by-step experimentation ensures maximum learning effectiveness. The interTESS software guides the users through the experiments. Detailed descriptions help for a better understanding. The measurement results can be entered in tabulars, graphs are generated automatically.
- Easy evaluation of student performance. A large variety of questions can be answered using multiple choice, by drawing sketches or as text. Also possible as homework on the students PCs.
- Teacher Tool minimizes preparation time. The teacher tool offers password-protected access to sample-solutions.
What you can learn about
In total more than 600 experiments described in english.
- Physics: 341 experiments (Mechanics 75, Thermodynamics 34, Optics 99, Electrics/Electronics 74, Electrostatics/Magnetism/Electrical fields 32, Optics/Atomic Physics 16, Radioactivity 11)
- Chemistry: 191 experiments (General Chemistry 25, Inorganic Chemistry 35, Acids, Bases, Salts 32, Organic Chemistry 35, Polymer Chemistry 25, Food Chemistry 39)
- Biology: 41 experiments (Plants & animals 5, Plant growth 15, Environment 2, Respiration & Blood 1, Sense organs 6, Reproduction 1, Food and digestion 11)
- Applied Sciences: 53 experiments (Renewable Energy)
Equipment and Technical Data
- Content: 1 DVD
- 53 experiment descriptions for Applied Sciences:Renewable Energy
- System requirements: MinimumPentium III, 500 MHz, 64 MB RAM, DVD drive, Windows XP or higher, RedHat Enterprise Linux up to version 7, Ubuntu up to version 12.04, Mac OS X up to version 10.11
PHYWE TESS (Training and Experimental System for Students)
Single versions available for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Applied Science, as well as topic-related versions for Optics, Mechanics etc. (see article list below).