The contact process is currently used in the chemical industry
to produce sulphuric acid in the high concentrations needed for
industrial processes. In this model experiment,
platinum-palladium-aluminium-oxide beads are employed as a catalyst
for the reaction.
- Stable and safe setup due to solid stand material
- Secure connection of the items by GL screw joint system
- Oxidise sulphur dioxide to sulphur trioxide.
- Use the sulphur trioxide to produce sulphuric acid.
What you can learn about
- Sulphur trioxide
- Sulphuric acid
- Contact process
- Redox reaction
- Precision balance 620g/0.001g