Function and Applications
Eco-Kit "Biological testing of water quality". The physical, chemical, and bacteriological examination procedures primarily allow an assessment of the momentary water quality. As the variety of species in a body of water decreases with increasing pollution, and thus the composition of the organism societies changes, the biological determination of the water quality provides additional important indications on the water quality and allows conclusions to be drawn on the previous pollution. The species and frequency of indicator organisms at various degrees of pollution are thereby coupled to the water quality classes I to IV.
- This kit enables 6 working groups to simultaneously carry out examinations of running and standing waters in the field.
- 6 work groups can work at the same time.
- The enclosed manual containing tables and sheets for analysis allow assignment to the water quality classes I. .. IV
Equipment and Technical Data
- Dishes, large and small
- Magnifier glasses, large and small
- Petri dishes
- Dip net for catching aquatic organisms
- Snap lid jars
- Manual with identification key