We can discern the shape of animals and plants and the diversity of these organisms with the naked eye. However, it remains unseen how they are organized if we do not apply tools and devices. As early as several hundred years ago, scientists attempted to ex plore the structure of organisms by using lenses that enabled magnification. The notion of the cell as a closed compartment was first described by the English scientist Robert Hooke. 1838 is considered to be the birth year of cytology. The botanist Matthias Schleiden discovered that the plants consisted exclusively of cells. The microscope in front of you is a high-performance instrument, with which you are able to explore the structure of a cell.
- Experiment is part of a complete solution set with a total of 50 experiments for all microscopy applications
- With student worksheet, appropriate for all class levels
- With detailed instructor information, incl. sample microscopy image
- Optimized for tight schedules, i.e. minimum preparation time required
- Microscopy solution set specifically designed to include all required accessories
- Content available with matching multimedia files