The stator field of an electric motor can be generated by an electromagnet, which is then called the excitationwinding. In series motors, the excitation winding is switched in series with the armature winding of the rotor.This type of motor is sometimes also named universal motor.
- Flexible experimenting thanks to wireless data transmission
- No additional cable connections between the building blocks needed - clear arranged and quick setup
- Contact safety due to puzzle blocks system
- Corrosion-free gold plated contacts
- Doubled earning success: Electric circuit diagram on top, real components from below
Examine the behaviour of a motor model when an electromagnet is fitted to it which is switched in series
with the rotor winding.