An electromotor can also be operated with an electromagnet as a field magnet. If armature coils are connected parallel to the field coils, then this is called a shunt-wound motor. The properties of this motor are studied by observing the direction of rotation and measuring the electric current.
- Demonstrative experiment due to large instruments
- Easy and sturdy setup
- Display of measuring range, kind of current and unit also on the back side
- Observe the number of revolutions and the current when changing the operating voltage.
- Observe the direction of rotation when reversing the polarity of voltage and various connections.
- Observe the number of revolutions and the current when applying load.