The volume expansion of liquids and the linear expansion
of various materials is determined as a function of
- With detailed experiment guide
- Two experiments in one
- To determine the volume expansion of ethyl acetate (C4H8O2),
methylated spirit, olive oil, glycerol and water as a function of
temperature, using the pycnometer.
- To determine the linear expansion of brass, iron, copper,
aluminium, duran glass and quartz glass as a function of
temperature using a dilatometer.
- To investigate the relationship between change in length and
overall length in the case of aluminium.
What you can learn about
- Linear expansion
- Volume expansion of liquids
- Thermal capacity
- Lattice potential
- Equilibrium spacing
- Grüneisen equation