This experiment explains the fundamental principles of image formation with a CT algorithm. A test object is used to create an attenuation tomogram and a time-of-flight tomogram followed by a discussion of the respective differences.
- Ideal system for education: affordable compared to industrial system to demonstrate ultrasound-CT in a very comprehensible way
- With the same system mechanical scanning of an object can be performed, e.g. to create a B-scan image
- Creation of several attenuation and time-of-flight tomograms
- Variation of the device parameters
- Discussion of the differences
What you can learn about
- Ultrasonic echography (A-scan)