Function and Applications
The universal counter is used for measuring time, frequency, pulse rates, pulse counting, periodic times, speeds and velocities.
- The device has all the qualities that are expected of a modern universal counter and is also equiped with a number of technical specifics of how it specifically arise from the requirements of science teaching practice.
- For the scientifically correct representation of each measurement is shown in principle with the associated unit. With the overflow of the display is automatically switched into the next area.
- Before the measurement starts it can be manually adjusted to a maximum of 6 decades defined range, e.g. to suppress is not physically meaningful digits on the display.
- A special jack for direct connection of a GM counter tube is available for radioactivity experiments. The required voltage can be changed manually to determine the characteristics of a counter tube too.
- The stopwatch function can be entered by means of electrical contacts, sensors, or manually in the various types of triggers for the precise starting and stopping for time measurement.
- The measured values are represented by six red 20mm high-contrast 7-segment displays. An additional three-digit display is used to display the unit (ms, s, Hz, kHz, MHz, I / s, RPM, Imp, V, m / s).
- The various operating states are indicated by LEDs.
- Range switching in all modes manually (before measurement) and automatically when an overflow.
- USB port is used for firmwareupdate of the device.
Equipment and technical data
- Operating temperature range 5...40 ° C
- Relative humidity <80%
- Digital display:
- Measurement reading LED 6-digit, 7-segment, 20 mm
- Units LED 3-digit, 5x7 dot matrix
- Units ms, s, Hz, kHz, MHz, I / s, RPM, Imp, V, m / s
- Signal Input:
- Signal bandwidth 0.1 Hz .. 10 MHz
- Counter Tube Input voltage 150 V. .. 660 V (factory setting: 500V) with manual adjustment
- Photoelectric output for power supply of 5 V sat. max 1 A
- Stopwatch 0.000 ... 99,999.9 s, resolution 1 ms
- Timer 0.000 ms ... 3999.99 s, resolution1µs
- Velocity 0.000 m/s...9999.9 m / s, resolution 0.001 m / s
- Period measurement 0.000 ms ... 99.9999 s, resolution 1µs
- Frequency measurement 0.00 Hz .. 9.99999 MHz, resolution 10 mHz
- Speed measurement 6. .. 99,999 RPM, 1 RPM resolution
- Pulse counting 0. .. 999,999 Imp
- Pulse rate measurement 0.0 ... 99,999.9 I / s
- Mains supply: Mains voltage 110 .. 240 V, 50/60 Hz, 20 VA
- Housing dimensions (W, H, D) 370 x 168 x 236 (mm)
- Mass of 2.9 kilograms