The spectra of the X-rays that are reflected with various
different orientations by NaCl monocrystals are analysed. The
associated interplanar spacings are determined based on the Bragg
angles of the characteristic lines.
- Determine the intensity of the X-rays that are reflected by the
NaCl monocrystals with the orientations ,  and  as a
function of the Bragg angle.
- Assign the reflections to the corresponding lattice planes that
are given by way of their respective Miller indices.
- Determine the lattice constant and calculate the interplanar
- Determine the mass of a cell and the number of atoms in the
What you can learn about
- Characteristic X-radiation
- Energy levels
- Crystal structures
- Reciprocal lattices
- Miller indices
- Atomic form factor
- Structure factor
- Bragg scattering