The pH value (a measure of the concentration of hydrogen ions) in a flowing body of water depends on the geological conditions, the input from agricultural use and plant activity. This experiment investigates how the pH value of a stream changes even over a short distance and a few kilometres from the source.
- experiment is part of a complete solution with numerous experiments in the field of ecology
- Measurements possible indoors and outdoors, for mobile use
- Especially understandable and didactically prepared description of the experiment (relevance to everyday life, etc.) including protocol questions.
- Future-oriented teaching: Integration into digital science lessons with tablets or smartphones.
- Increased motivation of students by using the intuitive measureAPP.
- Increased media competence.
- measurement of the pH-value of a running water at different points
- comparison of the pH values
- comparison with other waters
- Influencing factors on the water body pH value
- pH-lowering effect of plant activity
- pH value of rainwater