In this experiment it is shown how the salt leaching of a disused potash dump drastically increases the salt concentration of a stream, how the salt content downstream only gradually decreases again and how the increased salt concentration can still be measured downstream after it flows into a river.
- experiment is part of a complete solution with numerous experiments in the field of ecology
- Measurements possible indoors and outdoors, for mobile use
- Especially understandable and didactically prepared description of the experiment (relevance to everyday life, etc.) including protocol questions.
- Future-oriented teaching: Integration into digital science lessons with tablets or smartphones.
- Increased motivation of students by using the intuitive measureAPP.
- Increased media competence.
- measuring the conductivity of a flowing water at various points
- compare measured values and make statements about the reasons for the changes
- salt washout
- anthropogenic influences