Plants lose water through evaporation. The process of wilting is caused by the lack of cell pressure − normally held up by the water in the cells. This force or pressure that gives the plants rigidity is called "turgor pressure".
- Experiment is part of a complete solution set with a total of 44 experiments for botany, reproduction, soil, food and digestion, senses, physiology.
- With student worksheet, appropriate for all class levels.
- With detailed instructor information.
- Optimized for tight schedules, i.e. minimum preparation time required.
- Biology solution set specifically designed to include all required accessories.
Find out why plants fade if they are not supplied with water.