Function and Applications
Upgrade set as an extension of the XR 4.0 unit.
Show the fundamental principles of computed tomography (CT) with the aid of a state of the art system whose technology is currently applied in medical and industrial applications. The interfaces of this method towards medicine, materials science and engineering make the "Computed Tomography Set" particularly suitable for laboratory experiments and lectures in physics, medicine, and materials science. The set covers the following experiments and topics:
- X-ray imaging of biological and technical samples
- Non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Digital image processing for the generation of three-dimensional images of an object
- Digital images of Laue patterns
- Direct acquisition of the X-ray images by a direct X-ray digital image sensor: No extra fluorescent screen is necessary
- Experimentation under daylight conditions
- High-performance image sensors for the direct digital X-ray radiography to create superior image quality, and high resolution based on CMOS technology
- Even pictures with low contrast like Laue patterns are made in less than 1 min
- Z-axis rotation of the sample to be analyzed: Movement of the sample is not influenced by gravitational effects, rigid bodies of flexible size can be analyzed on a simple way.
- Acquisition of high resolution CT scan, 360° image stack within 7 minutes (one frame per second, one degree per frame)
Equipment and Technical Data
The set includes the following components:
- XR 4.0 direct digital image sensor
- XR 4.0 CT object Z-rotation unit
- XR 4.0 X-ray optical bench
- measure XR 4.0 tomography software package
- XR 4.0 CT accessories
Additionally required are an X-ray tube (09057-51, 09057-61, 09057-71).