Function and Applications
Upgrade set as an extension of the XR 4.0 X-ray unit.
This set is particularly suitable for the qualitative and quantitative X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy of metallic samples in physics and material science (non-destructive testing).
The set covers the following experiments and topics:
- Various different types of samples can be analysed: powders, solids, and liquids
- Material analyses of pure metals and multi-component alloys
- Moseley's laws energy-dispersive Bragg structure analysis
- Determination of the lattice constant of monocrystals
- Duane-Hunt's law of displacement
- X-ray fluorescence analysis for layer thickness determination
- Characteristics and the special resolving power of an X-ray energy detector
- Immediate measurements possible because energy detector does not require warm-up
- Measurement data can be viewed in real-time as soon as x-ray tube is switched on
- In combination with the XR 4.0 X-ray multi-channel analyser, the entire X-ray energy spectrum (2-35 keV) of the analysed materials can be determined.
- The set includes a sensitive XR 4.0 X-ray energy detector with a resolution of FWHM < 400 eV, rate independent up to 20 kcps.
- The XR 4.0 X-ray energy detector is mounted directly and easily onto the XR 4.0 X-ray goniometer (09057-10) of the XR 4.0 X-ray unit.
- Direct connection of the XR 4.0 X-ray energy detector via the internal and external socket panel to the multichannel analyser that also supplies the supply voltage.
Equipment and Technical Data
The set includes the following components:
- XR 4.0 X-ray energy detector
- Multi-channel analyser
- Software for the multi-channel analyser
- XR 4.0 X-ray set of chemicals for edge absorption
- XR 4.0 X-ray lithium fluoride (LiF) monocrystal in a holder
- XR 4.0 X-ray universal crystal holder for the X-ray unit
- XR 4.0 X-ray sample holder for powder samples
- XR 4.0 X-ray diaphragm tube with Zr foil
- additional accessories
Additionally required are an X-ray tube (09057-51, 09057-61, 09057-71, 09057-81) and a goniometer (09057-10).
Include chemicals needed for experiments (09056-04)